February is National Children’s Dental Health Month organized by the American Dental Association (ADA). The focus of the month is to promote good oral health to children and their caregivers. We encourage children’s dental care all year round, but want to highlight a few tips in honor of this special month!
Tips for Children’s Dental Care
- Brush their teeth twice daily as soon as they have their first tooth.
- Floss between their teeth.
- Regular checkups with the dentist, an appointment every six months is ideal.
- Choose healthy snacks and drinks. Avoid sugary, sticky foods that can damage teeth.
- Drink water. It helps rinse away sugar, provides hydration and many municipal water sources include fluoride which helps prevent tooth decay.
Parkview Dental Kid’s Corner
Children are important at Parkview Dental. Check out some fun resources for kids in Parkview Dental’s Kid’s Corner. You’ll find games, videos, and activities to help teach your kids about their dental health and make it fun at the same time!
We have been coming to Parkview Dental as a family for over 8 years. We like that we know so many of the staff and that they take time to say hello to us. I love the fact that my kids feel comfortable going here and don’t “fear the dentist” like some of us did as kids. I am thankful for the fact that they work with us on payments as our insurance doesn’t cover everything. – Kristine
If you have questions about your child’s dental health know that we’re here to help.Contact Parkview Dental